Saturday, September 10, 2016 11am-6pm
The Oregon Fermentation Festival is a family-friendly, day-long harvest festival of fermented foods and beverages. It is set among the beauty of a 150-acre farm on Sauvie Island! This is the biggest fermentation festival the Pacific Northwest has ever seen!
- A Makers Marketplace showcasing the Pacific Northwest bounty of local foodmakers and brewers
- A Do-It-Yourself Pickling station where you make and take home your own jar of pickles!
- An Ambrosia Garden (21+) featuring local and regional fermented beverages such as cider, mead, beer and wine
- Workshops and presentations given by local and regional fermentation experts covering how and why to make and eat fermented foods and beverages
- Live Music and Entertainment
The Festival is proudly sponsored by:
Proceeds from the Festival donated to The Portland Kitchen
A portion of the proceeds from the Festival will be donated to The Portland Kitchen. The Portland Kitchen sets the table for successful futures by using food and cooking to empower teens to create healthy lifestyles, get meaningful employment and become great citizens in our community. They offer a comprehensive, culinary program to Portland high school youth, ages 14-18, who are at-risk, low-income and/or underserved whether by income, family structure, ethnicity and/or other barriers to an equal chance to participate in their own futures.